AMI Event and Speaker Funding
The Event and Speaker Funding is OPEN for 2016-2017.
The Ontario agri-food industry is encouraged to apply to the AMI’s Business Management Speaker and Event Funding. Any registered organization, agency, association, community group, institution, university, college, group located in Ontario may apply for a maximum of $2,500 to cover the costs associated with organizing or bringing a business management speaker to an Ontario event. This funding is open to agrifood and agriproducts businesses including a focus on farm businesses.
In order to be considered for the Business Management Event and Speaker funding, the event should be geared towards the Ontario agrifood industry and must contribute to one or more of the following objectives:
- Demonstrate the benefits of business management and planning: marketing, business plan creation and improvement, cost of production;
- Address business management gaps and opportunities using business advisors: multidisciplinary training, interpersonal development, awareness and utilisation of advisors;
- Foster the development of producers working cooperatively, sharing beneficial business management practices and innovations through business to business collaboration in the context of building value chains: business to business group development, business clubs or advisory groups, benchmarking, food and agriproduct chain collaboration and innovation;
- Encourage business operators to begin or continue to develop a succession plan for their business: farm or business transfers, relationship building, advisor utilisation;
- Support the use and/or development of applicable business management information, products, services, resources or training for new entrants that enhance decisions making and farm profitability: tools for starting a business, programs and training.
- Develop skills and tools to better manage a team through human resource management: leading business improvement, time management, employee management resources.
The applicant will submit a final report which outlines the impact of the information disseminated to the agricultural industry in Ontario. The report should indicate how the information will be integrated into the agri-business operator's businesses.
- Applicants will submit a letter using this template outlining the main components of the event, draft agenda, target audience, target attendance, location and other specifics in order to determine whether the event falls under AMI’s mandate;
- Applicants seeking funds for organising a business management event must provide full agenda details and demonstrate its content is largely business management focused. Those seeking funds for a particular speaker should provide an outline of the speaker's topic;
- AMI officers or directors speak at the events in order to shed a better understanding of AMI and the importance of farm business management (dependant on availability). This normally requires a 5-10 minute timeslot;
- Applicants may only submit funding requests for a maximum of 2 events per calendar year;
- If required, 50% of the funding will be distributed to the applicant upon approval with the remainder of the funding to be distributed upon receipt of the final report;
- Letters will be accepted on an ongoing basis and turnaround time will be a maximum of 2-3 weeks; To allow for events that occur later int he 2016-2017 year, half the funds will be available in the first intake (May-September) and half will be available in the second intake (October-March).
- The Communications Lead will work with the applicant to ensure proper use of the AMI logo set, to coordinate the placement of the booth and the potential for an AMI representative to participate at the event, and all other communication related activities.
- The Applicant will be required to provide AMI with a final report which will outline a summary of the event, including the agenda and number of attendees, feedback, and so forth.
1. Click here for Additional Information on Eligibility & Guidelines
2. Click here for Event and Speaker Funding Request Template
Looking for past examples of speakers? Click here for the list of speakers and events previously funded through this program.
Please Note: All decisions regarding the approval or decline of the applicant's request for Event and Speaker Funding are in the sole judgment of AMI. There will be no appeal process.